- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
14. (1) Railtrack may compulsorily acquire such easements or other rights over any land referred to in article 12 above as may be required for any purpose for which that land may be acquired under that provision, by creating them as well as by acquiring easements or other rights already in existence.
(2) Subject to section 8 of the 1965 Act (as substituted by paragraph 5 of Schedule 4 to this Order), where Railtrack acquires a right over land under paragraph (1) above it shall not be required to acquire a greater interest in it.
(3) Schedule 4 to this Order shall have effect for the purpose of modifying the enactments relating to compensation and the provisions of the 1965 Act in their application in relation to the compulsory acquisition under this article of a right over land by the creation of a new right.
(4) In relation to land to which this paragraph applies, article 12 above, so far as relating to the acquisition or creation of easements or other rights by virtue of paragraph (1) above, shall be treated as also authorising acquisition by a statutory utility in any case where the Secretary of State gives his consent in writing.
(5) Paragraph (4) above applies to land within the Order limits which is or will be required for use in relocating any apparatus which it is expedient to divert or replace in consequence of the carrying out of the works authorised by this Order; and in that paragraph “statutory utility” means a licence holder within the meaning of Part I of the Electricity Act 1989(1), a public gas transporter within the meaning of Part I of the Gas Act 1986(2), a water undertaker within the meaning of the Water Industry Act 1991(3), a sewerage undertaker within Part I of that Act and any local authority which is a relevant authority for the purposes of section 97 of that Act.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: