- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3. (1) The Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) (Direct Marketing) Regulations 1998(1) are hereby revoked.
(2) Until the coming into force of paragraph (1) on 1st March 2000 and the revocation thereby of the said Regulations of 1998, those Regulations shall have effect subject to the amendment set out in Part I of Schedule 1.
(3) The amendments set out in Part II of Schedule 1 shall have effect.
(4) To the extent that any term in a contract between–
(a)a subscriber to, and the provider of, publicly available telecommunications services, or
(b)such a provider and a telecommunications network provider,
would be inconsistent with a requirement of these Regulations, that term shall be void.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: