- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
18. (1) This regulation applies in relation to a directory which includes entries which relate to subscribers who are individuals, and any person who produces such a directory shall, without charge to any such subscriber, ensure that it complies with this regulation.
(2) Except to the extent, if any, to which the subscriber in question has consented otherwise, such a directory shall not contain any personal data whereof the data subject is a subscriber who is an individual other than data which are necessary to identify him and the number allocated to him.
(3) Without prejudice to paragraph (2), where a subscriber who is an individual has so requested the producer of such a directory then, in his case–
(a)no entry relating to a number specified in the request shall be included in that directory;
(b)no entry therein shall contain a reference which reveals his sex; and
(c)no such entry shall contain such part of his address as is so specified.
(4) Where, in connection with the production of a directory, information relating to a particular subscriber is supplied to the producer thereof by some other person–
(a)where the other person has in his possession such a request by that subscriber as is mentioned in paragraph (3) (to whomsoever made) or a copy or record of such a request, he shall, without undue delay, transmit a copy of that request or a copy of that record to the producer of the directory, and
(b)subject to receipt by the producer of the directory of a copy of a request or of a record thereof so transmitted, the request in question shall be treated for the purposes of paragraph (3) as if it had been made to that producer.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: