- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
9. (1) Any harbour ferry vessel or floating bridge plying in the Dockyard Port shall give way to any other vessel which can only navigate in a narrow channel or fairway.
(2) Yachts and other recreational vessels shall be handled in such a way that interference with the timely operation of floating bridges on fixed tracks is reduced to the minimum.
(3) Instead of the lights directed to be carried by the Collision Regulations, any floating bridge which is confined to a fixed track shall display the following lights—
(a)carry four lights, one at each corner, showing white ahead and astern in the direction of the ferry track and red on the beam or athwart the ferry track;
(b)when such floating bridge is in progress an amber flashing light at the masthead at the leading end in the direction of progress;
(c)where such floating bridge is being used by the emergency services, a blue flashing light shall be displayed below the said amber flashing light indicating direction of progress.
(4) Any light referred to under paragraph (3) above must be visible for at least two nautical miles.
(5) Where visibility is less than 300 metres, any floating bridge in progress or stopped temporarily along a ferry track, shall ring a bell rapidly for between 4 and 6 seconds duration at intervals of not more than 30 seconds.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: