- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
122. (1) The Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1995 is amended as follows.
(2) In section 194I(4) (power to obtain documents etc.) (1), in paragraph (c) of the definition of “public body” after “Minister” there is inserted “, the Scottish Ministers”.
(3) In paragraph 9(2) of Schedule 9A (annual reports and accounts)(2), “, with the consent of the Treasury,” is omitted.
(4) In section 279A (evidence from certain official documents)(3)–
(a)in subsection (1) after “United Kingdom” there is inserted “or any part of the Scottish Administration”; and
(b)in subsection (3) after “or government” there is inserted “or the Scottish Parliament”.
(5) In Schedule 9, in the entry in relation to the Firearms Act 1968–
(a)in column 2 (persons who may purport to sign certificates), after “Secretary of State” there is inserted “or a member of staff of the Scottish Administration who is authorised to do so by the Scottish Ministers”; and
(b)in column 3 (matters which may be certified), after “Secretary of State”, there is inserted “or, by virtue of provision made under section 63 of the Scotland Act 1998, the Scottish Ministers”.
Section 194I(4) is prospectively inserted by the Crime and Punishment (Scotland) Act 1997 (c. 48), section 25.
Schedule 9A is prospectively inserted by the Crime and Punishment (Scotland) Act 1997 ibid.
Section 279A was inserted by the Crime and Punishment (Scotland) Act 1997, section 28.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: