- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. In respect of the countries listed in Schedule 4, in the application of article 4(2) above in relation to cable programmes by virtue of article 4(5), the relevant date is 1st January 1985.
2. In respect of the territory of Taiwan–
(a)article 2(1)(a) and (2) above shall apply as if the reference to persons domiciled or resident in the territory of Taiwan were limited to such persons who are also citizens or subjects of China, and
(b)in the application of Part I of the Act by virtue of article 2(3) above, subsection (1) of section 21 (infringement by making adaptation) applies as if subsection (3)(a)(i) of that section (translation of literary or dramatic work) were omitted.
3. In the application of Part I of the Act by virtue of article 4 (broadcasts) above in relation to those countries identified in Schedule 3 to this Order by an asterisk, section 16 applies to broadcasts as if subsection (1)(b) (issue of copies of a work to the public), subsection (1)(d) (broadcast of a work or inclusion in a cable programme service) insofar as it relates to inclusion in a cable programme service and subsection (1)(c) (performing, showing or playing a work in public) insofar as it relates to broadcasts other than television broadcasts, were omitted.
4. The derogations in respect of broadcasts set out in paragraph 3 apply also to Cyprus save that they apply only in respect of non-television broadcasts.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: