- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
6.—(1) Where a person who has not attained the age of 65–
(a)ceases to hold a relevant office; and
(b)does not again become the holder of a relevant office within a period of three weeks thereafter,
he shall be entitled to payment of a grant under this article.
(2) The amount of the grant shall be an amount equal to one quarter of the annual salary that was being paid to that person in respect of that office immediately before he ceased to hold it.
(3) No grant shall be payable under this article where a person has ceased to hold a relevant office on his death.
(4) In this article “a relevant office” means the office of–
(a)any member of the Scottish Executive, other than that of First Minister;
(b)any of the Junior Scottish Ministers;
(c)deputy Presiding Officer;
(d)the Leader of the a Non-Executive Party; or
(e)the Chief Business Manager of a qualifying party.
(5) For the purposes of paragraph (4)–
“Chief Business Manager” means, in relation to qualifying party, the member of the Parliament from time to time nominated as such for the purposes of this Order by the Leader of that party;
“Leader” means, in relation to a qualifying party, the member of the Parliament who is for the time being the leader in the Parliament of that party;
“Non-Executive Party” means a qualifying party, other than any such party with which any member of the Parliament who is also a member of the Scottish Executive or a junior Scottish Minister is connected;
“qualifying party” means a registered political party with which at least 10 members of the Parliament are connected.
(6) Where a person ceases on a dissolution of the Parliament to hold any office mentioned in paragraph (4)(d) or (e), paragraph (1)(b) shall have effect in relation to his ceasing to hold that office on the dissolution as if for the words “three weeks” there were substituted the words “six weeks”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.