- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
87. (1) A person is not entitled to a repayment under regulation 86(1) if–
(a)he becomes a member again within one month and one day (otherwise than in employment he held concurrently with the employment in which he was previously a member);
(b)he left his employment in consequence of–
(i)an offence of a fraudulent character; or
in connection with this employment; or
(c)regulation 117(2) applies.
(2) However, where paragraph (1)(b) applies the employing authority may direct the payment out of the appropriate fund to him or, in a case of an offence of a fraudulent character, to him or to his spouse or any dependant of his, of a sum equal to all or part of his contributions.
(3) A person is not entitled to a repayment under regulation 86(1) if–
(a)he is for the time being entitled to be paid, or has been paid, a benefit under regulation 26(3) (ill-health grants) or an ill-health retirement grant under regulation E4 of the 1987 Regulations;
(b)a transfer value has been credited to the appropriate fund for him.
(4) A person who is entitled to a repayment under regulation 86(1)(a) ceases to be entitled to it if he returns to local government employment before receiving it.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: