- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
44. (1) If an active or pensioner member dies leaving one or more eligible children, they are entitled to a children’s short-term pension.
(2) If a short-term pension is payable to a surviving spouse under regulation 39, the children’s short-term pension is payable only for three months after the death.
(3) Otherwise, it is payable for six months after the death.
(4) Where the deceased was an active member, the pension is the greater of–
(a)the deceased’s final pay; or
(5) Where the deceased was a pensioner member, the pension is equal to his retirement pension immediately before the death.
(6) Where, if a children’s long-term pension and a surviving spouse’s long-term pension were payable instead of short-term pensions, that would result in a greater aggregate pension, long-term pensions shall be payable instead of short-term pensions.
(a)a children’s short-term pension is payable for a child who is not in the care of a person to whom a short-term pension is payable (or would be payable apart from paragraph (6)); and
(b)a children’s long-term pension would be greater,
the long-term pension shall be payable instead of the short-term pension.
(8) In this regulation “pensioner member” includes a person whose retirement pension has been commuted under regulation 49 (commutation: exceptional ill-health).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: