- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
129. (1) A person may be an active member if he is an eligible officer.
(2) These are eligible officers–
(a)a registration officer;
(b)a person who immediately before 16th May 1974 was a member of a passenger transport executive or a director of a subsidiary of a passenger transport executive, who was a contributory employee in that position and continues in it.
(3) If a registration officer is an active member, he must be treated as being in employment with the local authority who are the local registration authority for the purposes of section 5 of the Registration of Births, Deaths and Marriages (Scotland) Act 1965(1) and by whom he was appointed or deemed to have been appointed under section 7 of that Act.
(4) If a person mentioned in paragraph (2)(b) is an active member he must be treated as being in the employment of the passenger transport executive.
(5) A person who has been appointed a rent officer under section 43 of the Rent (Scotland) Act 1984(2) must be treated as being in employment of the local authority with whom the Secretary of State has made arrangements under that section to provide for the superannuation of the officer.
(6) A member of a passenger transport executive or a director of a subsidiary of such an executive must be treated as being in employment with the relevant executive.
(7) Regulation 130(1) applies to the persons holding the positions specified in paragraph (6) as they apply to the employees specified in that regulation.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: