- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3. (1) Any person who is an active member of the Scheme immediately before the commencement date shall continue to be an active member on that date and, subject to the provisions of these Regulations, the old provisions (other than the Investment Regulations) shall cease to apply to him.
(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to any person who ceases to be an active member on March 31st 1998–
(a)by virtue of regulation B4A of the 1987 Regulations (opting out); or
(b)by virtue of leaving local government employment on that date and becoming a pensioner member on the commencement date,
and these Regulations shall apply to any such person as if he had already so ceased immediately before the commencement date.
(3) If any person has notified his employer under regulation B4A(1) of the 1987 Regulations before the commencement date that he does not wish to be an active member, but would not (apart from this paragraph) have ceased to be an active member immediately before the commencement date–
(a)paragraph (1) shall not apply to him;
(b)he shall cease to be such a member on March 31st 1998; and
(c)these Regulations shall apply to him as if he had already so ceased immediately before the commencement date.
(4) Where (apart from these Regulations) a person away on relevant reserve forces service would be treated under the 1987 Regulations as an active member on the commencement date, paragraph (1) shall apply to him, unless as a result of a cancelling notice his relevant reserve forces services on and after the commencement date is not to be treated as such service.
(5) Where such a notice is served, these Regulations shall apply to such a person as if he had already ceased to be an active member immediately before the commencement date.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: