- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Scotland Act 1998 (Commencement) Order 1998.
(2) In this Order, “the Act” means the Scotland Act 1998.
2. (1) All the provisions of the Act, so far as not then in force, shall come into force on 1st July 1999, except the provisions specified in Schedule 5 to this Order.
(2) The provisions of the Act, specified in column 1 of any of the Schedules to this Order and the subject matter of which is described in column 2 of that Schedule shall, so far as not then in force, come into force on the day appointed in relation to that Schedule in the Table below but, where a particular purpose is specified in relation to any provision in column 3 of that Schedule, that provision shall come into force on that day only for that purpose.
|1||25th January 1999|
|2||1st April 1999|
|3||6th May 1999|
|4||20th May 1999|
|5||1st April 2000|
3. The principal appointed day is 1st July 1999.
Donald C Dewar
Secretary of State for Scotland
St Andrew’s House,
16th December 1998