- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
17th November 1998
Laid before Parliament
27th November 1998
Coming into force
18th December 1998
At the Court at Buckingham Palace, the 17th day of November 1998
The Queen’s Most Excellent Majesty in Council
Her Majesty, in exercise of the powers conferred on Her by section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972(1), is pleased, by and with the advice of Her Privy Council, to order, and it is hereby ordered, as follows:
1. This Order may be cited as the European Communities (Designation) (No. 3) Order 1998 and shall come into force on 18th December 1998.
2. (1) For the purposes of section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972 the Ministers or government departments specified in column (1) of the Schedule to this Order are hereby designated in relation to the matters specified in column (2) of that Schedule.
(2) Where a Minister or government department is designated in relation to any item in column (2) of the said Schedule, then, for the purposes of the said section 2(2), that Minister or government department is also hereby designated in relation to anything supplemental or related to the matters specified in that item.
(3) Where both a Minister and one or more government departments are designated by this Order in relation to any matter, the designation has effect as respects the making of regulations by any of them or by more than one of them acting jointly.
(4) Regulations made by a Northern Ireland Department in pursuance of this Order shall form part of the law of Northern Ireland and not of any other part of the United Kingdom.
A. K. Galloway
Clerk of the Privy Council
|Ministers or departments||Matters in relation to which Ministers or departments are designated|
|The Treasury||Measures relating to payment systems|
|The Treasury||Measures relating to collateral security provided to the central banks of Member States or to the European Central Bank|
|The Secretary of State||Measures relating to the quality of water intended for domestic purposes or for use in a food production undertaking|
|The Secretary of State||Measures relating to pressure equipment and assemblies of pressure equipment|
|Any Northern Ireland Department||The preceding items in this column|
|Any Northern Ireland Department||Measures relating to the conditions for granting and using authorisations for the prospection, exploration and production of hydrocarbons|
|Any Northern Ireland Department||Measures relating to investment firms and to the provision of investment services and to the operation of regulated markets and clearing or settlement systems|
|The Secretary of State||Measures relating to data protection|
(This note is not part of the Order)
This is a further Order in the series designating Ministers who, and departments which, may exercise powers to make regulations conferred by section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972 and specifying the matters in relation to which those powers may be exercised.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: