- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
1. These Regulations implement as regards Great Britain that part of Commission Directive 96/55/EC (OJ No. L231, 12.9.96, p. 20) adapting to technical progress for the 2nd time Annex I to Council Directive 76/769/EEC (OJ No. L262, 27.9.76, p. 201) on the approximation of the laws, regulations and administrative provisions of the Member States relating to restrictions on the marketing and use of certain dangerous substances and preparations which relates to supply of specified substances for use at work. They do so by amending the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 1994 (S.I. 1994/3246).
2. Regulation 2(2) corrects an error in Schedule 1 of the principal Regulations, in the chemical formula for vinyl chloride, and amends Schedule 1 of the principal Regulations to include an alternative name for the substance vinylidene chloride.
3. Regulation 2(3) substitutes for Schedule 2 to those Regulations the Schedule set out in these Regulations. This adds to the list of those substances hazardous to health prohibited for specified purposes certain chlorinated solvents whose supply for use at work in diffusive applications is prohibited.
4. Regulation 2(4) corrects an error in Schedule 8 of the principal Regulations, in the chemical name for mustard gas.
5. A copy of the cost assessment prepared in respect of these Regulations can be obtained from the Health and Safety Executive, Economic Advisers Unit, Rose Court, 2 Southwark Bridge, London SE1 9HS. Copies have been placed in the Library of each House of Parliament.