- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Plant Health (Fees) (Forestry) (Great Britain) (Amendment) Regulations 1997 and shall come into force on 1st April 1997.
2. The Plant Health (Fees) (Forestry) (Great Britain) Regulations 1996(1) shall be amended in accordance with the provisions of regulations 3 to 6 below.
3. In regulation 1, for paragraph (3) there shall be substituted the following paragraph—
“(3) In these Regulations—
“authority” means an authority to issue plant passports under article 17 of the Order;
“inspector” has the meaning given to it in the Order;
“licence” means a licence under article 28 or 28A of the Order;
“the Order” means the Plant Health (Forestry) (Great Britain) Order 1993(2);
“remedial work” means any steps required by or taken by an inspector under article 21(1)(b), (c) or (f), (2)(i) or (iv) or (3) or 22(1)(b) of the Order;
“relevant corresponding conditions”, in relation to any specified wood or isolated bark, means the conditions specified in column 3 (conditions of landing) and column 4 (certification) of Part A of Schedule 4 to the Order (material consigned directly from third countries whose landing in Great Britain is subject to special conditions) which correspond to that specified wood or isolated bark;
“specified wood or isolated bark” means wood or isolated bark described in column 2 (description of relevant material) of items 1, 4, 5 to 10 and 20 to 29 in Part A of Schedule 4 to the Order; and
“third country” has the meaning given to it in the Order.”.
4. In regulation 2, after sub-paragraph (b) there shall be added the following sub-paragraph—
“(c)in respect of each service of a type described in column 2 of Schedule 3 to these Regulations the fee prescribed in column 3 of that Schedule in relation to that service.”.
5. In Schedule 1, in column 1 sub-paragraph (b), for the word “of” there shall be substituted the word “or”.
6. After Schedule 2, there shall be added the Schedule set out in the Schedule to these Regulations.
In witness whereof the Official Seal of the Forestry Commissioners is hereunto affixed on
M. F. Garforth
Secretary to the Forestry Commissioners
5th March 1997.