- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1.—(1) These Regulations may be cited as the Copyright and Rights in Databases Regulations 1997.
(2) These Regulations come into force on 1st January 1998.
(3) These Regulations extend to the whole of the United Kingdom.
2.—(1) These Regulations make provision for the purpose of implementing—
(b)certain obligations of the United Kingdom created by or arising under the EEA Agreement so far as relating to the implementation of that Directive.
3. In these Regulations “the 1988 Act” means the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988(4).
4.—(1) The 1988 Act is amended in accordance with the provisions of Part II of these Regulations, subject to the savings and transitional provisions in Part IV of these Regulations.
(2) Part III of these Regulations has effect subject to those savings and transitional provisions.
O.J. No. L77, 27.3.96 p.20.