- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3. (1) The Act of 1847 (except sections 6 to 25, 28, 31, 32, 42, 48 to 50, 67, 77, and 83 to 90), so far as applicable to the purposes and not inconsistent with the provisions of this Order, is hereby incorporated with this Order subject to the modifications stated in paragraphs (2) to (5) below.
(2) Section 63 shall have effect subject to the modification that for the words from “liable to” to the end of the section there are substituted the words “be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale”.
(3) Section 69 shall have effect subject to the modification that for the words from “shall forfeit” to the end of the section there are substituted the words “shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 4 on the standard scale”.
(4) Section 78 shall have effect subject to the modification that for the words “erect any lighthouse or beacon, or exhibit or allow to be exhibited any light, beacon, or sea-mark,” there are substituted the words “allow to be exhibited any permanent light, beacon, or sea-mark,”.
(5) In construing the provisions of the Act of 1847 as incorporated with this Order—
(a)the expression “the special Act” means this Order, the expression “the undertakers” means the Company and the expression “the harbour, dock, or pier” shall mean the harbour, the breakwaters and those docks, piers, berths, quays, landing places and wharves forming part of the harbour premises;
(b)for the definition of the word “vessel” in section 3 of the Act of 1847 there shall be substituted the definition of that word in article 2(1) of this Order;
(c)the reference in section 53 of the Act of 1847 to notice of a direction by the harbour master served upon a vessel shall not be construed as requiring the notice to be in writing if in the circumstances it is not reasonably practicable for the harbour master to serve a written notice on the master, and in such circumstances the said reference may be construed as including the communication of the notice orally or otherwise.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: