- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
15. (1) The Company may for the purposes of this Order–
(a)survey or investigate any land shown within the limits or which may be affected by the authorised works,
(b)without prejudice to the generality of sub-paragraph (a) above, make trial holes in such positions as the Company thinks fit on the land to investigate the nature of the surface layer and subsoil and remove soil samples,
(c)place on, leave on and remove from the land apparatus for use in connection with the survey and investigation of land and making of trial holes, and
(d)enter on the land for the purpose of exercising the powers conferred by sub-paragraphs (a) to (c) above.
(2) No land may be entered, or equipment placed or left on or removed from the land under paragraph (1) above, unless at least 7 days' notice has been served on every owner and occupier of the land.
(3) Any person entering land under this article on behalf of the Company–
(a)shall, if so required, before or after entering the land produce written evidence of his authority to do so, and
(b)may take with him such vehicles and equipment as are necessary to carry out the survey or investigation or to make the trial holes.
(4) No trial holes shall be made under this article in a carriageway or footway without the consent of the street authority, but such consent shall not be unreasonably withheld.
(5) The Company shall make compensation for any damage occasioned, by the exercise of the powers conferred by this article, to the owners and occupiers of the land, such compensation to be determined, in case of dispute, under Part I of the 1961 Act.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: