- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. The traffic signs which are to be placed at or near a Puffin crossing by virtue of regulation 5(3)(a) shall consist of a combination of—
(a)vehicular light signals; and
(b)pedestrian demand units,
of the size, colour and type specified in the following provisions of this Schedule, together with any additional traffic signs placed in accordance with regulation 9.
2. (1) The vehicular light signals shall be of the size, colour and type shown in diagram 3000 in Schedule 8 to the 1994 Regulations, except that a green arrow may be substituted for the green aspect in the manner shown in diagram 3003 in that Schedule or in accordance with any variant permitted by those Regulations in respect of that diagram.
(2) The vehicular lights shall be illuminated in the following sequence—
(b)red and amber together,
3. (1) A pedestrian demand unit shall be placed at each end of a crossing.
(2) Each such unit shall consist of a device the principal features of which are a signal display of the size, colour and type shown in the diagram in Part II of this Schedule and which—
(a)complies with the requirements of sub-paragraph (3); and
(b)includes a push button or other switching device which in some way indicates to pedestrians that it has been operated.
(3) The requirements referred to in sub-paragraph (2)(a) are—
(a)the signal display must comprise a red figure and a green figure, both of which can be internally illuminated;
(b)while one figure is illuminated the other figure must not be capable of being illuminated; and
(c)the green figure must be capable of being illuminated only whilst there is conveyed to vehicular traffic, by means of the red vehicular light signal prescribed by paragraph 2, a prohibition against entering the limits of the Puffin crossing at or near which the unit is displayed and at no other time.
(4) The pedestrian demand unit may incorporate a device for emitting tactile or audible signals whilst the green figure is illuminated.
(5) Units consisting of only the red and green figures or the push button and legend comprised in a pedestrian demand unit may be provided at a crossing in addition to pedestrian demand units.
The figures shall be each 100 mm high (minimum) and of the colour and type shown in diagram 4002 in the 1994 Regulations
The direction of the GREEN figure may be reversed.
More than one RED and GREEN figure may be provided.
The legend may be varied to
or another legend approved by the Secretary of State.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: