- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
15.—(1) Where, on an application made to it by the managing body of an airport, the CAA is satisfied that a supplier of groundhandling services or an airport user has failed to comply with a rule imposed upon him to ensure the proper functioning of the airport, and that rule—
(a)is applied in a non-discriminatory manner to the various suppliers of groundhandling services and airport users; and
(b)does not, in practice, reduce market access or the freedom to self-handle to a level below that provided for in these Regulations
the CAA may, subject to regulation 10(10), determine to prohibit, for such period as it thinks fit, that supplier or user from supplying groundhandling services or, as the case may be, self-handling.
(2) A determination made pursuant to paragraph (1) above may apply to one or more categories of groundhandling services.
(3) A supplier of groundhandling services or an airport user in relation to whom a determination has been made pursuant to paragraph (1) above shall not supply groundhandling services or, as the case may be, self-handle in contravention of that determination.
(4) Where an application is made pursuant to paragraph (1) above, the provisions of Schedule 1 to these Regulations, in so far as they relate to such applications, shall apply.
(5) In this regulation “rule” includes an obligation contained in an agreement, a byelaw made under section 63 of the Airports Act 1986(1) or Article 18 of the Airports (Northern Ireland) Order 1994(2), or otherwise.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.