- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
2. (1) The Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy Order 1991(1) shall be amended in accordance with this article.
(2) After article 12 there shall be added the following article—
12A (1) No person shall—
(a)knowingly sell or supply for feeding to livestock, fish or equine animals any feedingstuff in which he knows or has reason to suspect any mammalian meat and bone meal has been incorporated;
(b)after 4th April 1996 feed to livestock, fish or equine animals any feedingstuff in which he knows or has reason to suspect that any mammalian meat and bone meal has been incorporated.
(2) The prohibition in paragraph (1) above shall not apply to the feeding to an animal of any feedingstuff for research purposes in a research establishment under the authority of a licence issued by a veterinary inspector of the Minister and in accordance with any conditions subject to which the licence is issued, or to the sale or supply of any feedstuff to a research establishment for such purposes.
(3) No person shall use any mammalian meat and bone meal in the preparation of any feedingstuff for livestock, fish or equine animals.
(4) No person shall use any mammalian meat and bone meal in the preparation of feedingstuff for any animal in premises where feedingstuff for livestock, fish or equine animals is prepared.
(5) In this article—
“livestock” means any creature kept for the production of food, wool, skin or fur or for use in the farming of land;
“mammalian meat and bone meal” means proteinaceous material derived from the whole or part of any dead mammal by a process of crushing, cooking, and grinding.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: