6.—(1) The relevant Minister shall, for the purpose of achieving the Objectives, by regulations under section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972, make provision establishing action programmes in respect of nitrate vulnerable zones.
(2) An action programme may relate to more than one nitrate vulnerable zone, and different action programmes may be established in respect of different nitrate vulnerable zones or parts of zones.
(3) An action programme in respect of a nitrate vulnerable zone shall be established—
(a)in the case of a nitrate vulnerable zone referred to in regulation 3(1), as soon as practicable; and
(b)in the case of a nitrate vulnerable zone designated in accordance with regulation 3(2), not later than one year after the designation of that zone.
(4) An action programme shall be implemented—
(a)in a case falling within paragraph (3)(a) above, by 19th December 1999;
(b)in any other case, within four years of its establishment.
(5) The relevant Minister shall draw up and implement suitable monitoring programmes to assess the effectiveness of action programmes.
(6) The relevant Minister shall, at least every four years, review and if necessary revise the action programmes, including any additional measures taken pursuant to regulation 7(2).