- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4. (1) In section 16(4) of the Cardiff Bay Barrage Act 1993 (byelaws), omit paragraph (b).
(2) In section 20(3) of that Act (the Cardiff Bay Advisory Committee), omit paragraph (a).
(3) In section 33 of that Act (interpretation), at the end add—
“(3) References in this Act to the City of Cardiff and the Borough of the Vale of Glamorgan shall, subject to paragraph 1(3) of Schedule 7, be construed in relation to the exercise of any functions on or after 1st April 1996 as references to the County of Cardiff and the County Borough of the Vale of Glamorgan respectively.
(4) References in this Act to the Cardiff City Council and the Vale of Glamorgan Borough Council shall be construed respectively as references to the new councils established for the areas of Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan under the Local Government (Wales) Act 1994.”.
(4) In paragraph 6(3) of Schedule 4 to that Act (correction of deposited plans and book of reference), omit paragraph (b).
(5) In Schedule 7 to that Act (groundwater damage protection)—
(a)in paragraph 1, at the end add—
“(3) References in this Schedule to the City of Cardiff are as references to that local government area as it existed immediately before the passing of this Act.”;
(b)in paragraph 3(3)(a) for “County of South Glamorgan” substitute “County of Cardiff and the County Borough of the Vale of Glamorgan”;
(c)in paragraph 11(2) for “the district or districts” substitute “any county or county borough” and for the subsequent two references to “district” substitute “county or county borough” in each case;
(d)in paragraphs 11(3), 23 and 24(1) for each reference to “district” substitute “county or county borough”;
(e)in paragraph 24(2) omit “district”;
(f)in paragraph 26 for sub-paragraph (2) substitute—
“(2) Before revising the code of practice referred to in sub-paragraph (1) above the Development Corporation shall submit a draft to the councils for the County of Cardiff and the County Borough of the Vale of Glamorgan and such other bodies as the Development Corporation consider appropriate; and before publishing the revisions the Development Corporation shall consider any observations made by any of those councils or any other body to whom a draft has been sent.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: