- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
7. (1) Where a relevant person in relation to a child whose case is to be considered at a children’s hearing, has a right to and is obliged under section 45(8) of the Act to attend at all stages of the hearing, the Principal Reporter shall give him notice in writing, if his whereabouts are known, of the right to and obligation to attend at all stages of the hearing and of the date, time and place of the hearing.
(2) Where under section 45(8) of the Act a children’s hearing are satisfied either that it would be unreasonable to require the attendance of a relevant person at a children’s hearing or that the attendance of that person would be unnecessary for the proper consideration of the case, the Principal Reporter shall give him notice in writing, if his whereabouts are known, of his right under section 45(8) of the Act to attend at all stages of the hearing and of the date, time and place of the hearing but that for the above reason or reasons he is not obliged to attend.
(3) Where a person has a right by virtue of rule 12(1) to attend at all stages of the children’s hearing, the Principal Reporter shall give such notice in writing of his right, if his whereabouts are known.
(4) Any notice under this rule, except a notification to a relevant person of a children’s hearing mentioned under rule 6(2), shall be given not later than seven days before the date of the children’s hearing to which it relates.
(5) In the case of such a children’s hearing mentioned in rule 6(2), the notice to the relevant person under paragraph (1) shall be given as soon as reasonably practicable in writing before the hearing, and if such notice cannot be given in writing the Principal Reporter may give notice to a relevant person orally.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: