- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. This Order may be cited as the Arbitration Act 1996 (Commencement No. 1) Order 1996.
2. The provisions of the Arbitration Act 1996 (“the Act”) listed in Schedule 1 to this Order shall come into force on the day after this Order is made.
3. The rest of the Act, except sections 85 to 87, shall come into force on 31st January 1997.
4. The transitional provisions in Schedule 2 to this Order shall have effect.
John M. Taylor,
Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Corporate and Consumer Affairs,
Department of Trade and Industry
16th December 1996