- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) These Regulations may be cited as the Copyright and Related Rights Regulations 1996.
(2) These Regulations come into force on 1st December 1996.
(3) These Regulations extend to the whole of the United Kingdom.
2. In these Regulations—
“EEA state” means a state which is a contracting party to the EEA Agreement.
3. These Regulations make provision for the purpose of implementing—
(b)Council Directive No. 93/83/EEC of 27 September 1993(4) on the coordination of certain rules concerning copyright and rights related to copyright applicable to satellite broadcasting and cable retransmission;
(c)the provisions of Council Directive No. 93/98/EEC of 29 October 1993(5) harmonizing the term of protection of copyright and certain related rights, so far as not implemented by the Duration of Copyright and Rights in Performances Regulations 1995(6); and
(d)certain obligations of the United Kingdom created by or arising under the EEA Agreement so far as relevant to the implementation of those Directives.
4. The Copyright, Designs, and Patents Act 1988(7) is amended in accordance with the provisions of Part II of these Regulations, subject to the savings and transitional provisions in Part III of these Regulations.