- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
(1) This Convention shall apply to taxes on income and on capital imposed on behalf of a Contracting State, irrespective of the manner in which they are levied.
(2) There shall be regarded as taxes on income and on capital all taxes imposed on total income, on total capital, or on elements of income or of capital, including taxes on gains from the alienation of movable or immovable property and taxes on the total amounts of wages or salaries paid by enterprises, as well as taxes on capital appreciation.
(3) The existing taxes to which this Convention shall apply are:
(a)in the case of Mongolia:
(i)the individual income tax;
(ii)the corporate income tax;
(hereinafter referred to as “Mongolian tax”);
(b)in the case of the United Kingdom:
(i)the income tax;
(ii)the corporation tax; and
(iii)the capital gains tax;
(hereinafter referred to as “United Kingdom tax”).
(4) This Convention shall apply also to any identical or substantially similar taxes which are imposed after the date of signature of this Convention in addition to, or in place of, the existing taxes referred to in paragraph (3). The competent authorities of the Contracting States shall notify each other of any significant changes which have been made in their respective taxation laws within a reasonable period of time after such changes.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: