- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. This Order may be cited as the Armed Forces Act 1996 (Commencement No. 1) Order 1996.
2. Subject to article 3 of this Order, the following provisions of the Armed Forces Act 1996 (“the Act”) shall come into force on 1st October 1996—
sections 6 and 7;
sections 11 to 14 and Schedule 4;
sections 18 and 19;
sections 30 to 33;
section 35 so far as is necessary to bring into force Schedules 6 and 7 to the extent specified below;
in Schedule 6, paragraphs 1 to 3, 5, 6, and 10 to 13;
Part III of Schedule 7 so far as it relates to the provisions specified in the Schedule to this Order.
3. (1) Nothing in article 2 of this Order insofar as it relates to section 6 of the Act affects any service disciplinary proceedings, as defined in that section, which began on or before 30th September 1996.
(2) Sections 11 and 12 of the Act shall not have effect in relation to any conviction which took place on or before 30th September 1996.
Minister of State, Ministry of Defence
25th September 1996
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: