- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
HOUSING, ENGLAND AND WALES
10th September 1996
The Secretary of State, in exercise of the powers conferred upon him by section 150(3) and (4) of the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996(1) and all other powers enabling him in that behalf, hereby makes the following Order —
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996 (Commencement No. 1) Order 1996.
(2) In this Order “the Act”means the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996.
2. (1) The following provisions of the Act shall come into force on 11th September 1996 —
(2) So much of the following provisions of the Act as confers on the Secretary of State or the Lord Advocate a power to consult, to make orders, regulations or determinations, to give directions, guidance, approvals or consents, to specify matters, or to impose conditions shall come into force on 11th September 1996 —
sections 2 and 3
sections 44 to 47
sections 51 and 52
sections 63 and 64
sections 67 and 68
sections 101 and 102
sections 104 to 106
sections 131 to 135
(3) Section 125 of the Act so far as it relates to paragraphs 21(1) to (3) of Part III of Schedule 2 shall come into force on 1st October 1996.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State,
Department of the Environment
10th September 1996
(This note is not part of the Order)
Article 2(1) and (2) of this Order brings into force on 11th September 1996 a number of provisions of the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996 which confer powers on the Secretary of State or the Lord Advocate to make orders, regulations and determinations, to give directions or guidance or to do other things.
Article 2(3) brings section 125 of that Act into force on 1st October 1996 in so far as the section relates to paragraph 21(1) to (3) in Part III of Schedule 2 to the 1996 Act (first elections and appointments to the Architects Registration Board).
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: