- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
HOUSING, ENGLAND AND WALES
30th July 1996
The Secretary of State, in exercise of the powers conferred upon him by section 232(3) and (4) of the Housing Act 1996(1), and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf, hereby makes the following Order:
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Housing Act 1996 (Commencement No. 1) Order 1996.
(2) In this Order “the Act” means the Housing Act 1996.
2. (1) The following provisions of the Act shall come into force on 1st August 1996—
section 2(7) and (8),
section 7 in so far as it relates to paragraphs 3(1) and (2) and 16(1) and (2) of Schedule 1,
section 36(1) to (6),
section 51 in so far as it relates to paragraphs 2 to 6, 10 and 11(1), (3) and (4) of Schedule 2, subject to the limitation in paragraph (2) of this article,
sections 52 to 54,
section 55(1) in so far as it relates to paragraphs 6 and 9 of Schedule 3,
section 55(2) and (3),
sections 56 to 64.
(2) Section 51 and the provisions of Schedule 2 specified in paragraph (1) of this article shall not come into force in relation to any complaint against any social landlord which is or at any time was registered with Housing for Wales.
3. So much of the following provisions of the Act as confer on the Secretary of State, the Housing Corporation or Housing for Wales a power to consult, to make determinations, to give consents and to delegate functions shall come into force on 1st August 1996—
section 7 in so far as it relates to paragraphs 2(2)(f) and 27(4) of Schedule 1,
4. Section 55(1) of the Act in so far as it relates to paragraph 7 of Schedule 3 to the Act shall come into force on 1st August 1996 for the purposes of enabling a determination to be made under subsection (3) of section 87 of the Housing Associations Act 1985 with respect to financial assistance under that section as amended by the Act.
John Selwyn Gummer
One of Her Majesty’s Principal Secretaries of State
30th July 1996
(This note does not form part of the Order)
Article 2 of this Order brings into force on 1st August the following provisions of the Housing Act 1996—
|section 2(7) and (8)||(power to add to the permissible purposes of registered social landlords),|
|section 5||(criteria for registration of social landlords),|
|section 7||in so far as it relates to specified paragraphs of Schedule 1 (maximum amounts payable by way of fees, expenses etc. and accounts),|
|section 9(3)||(power to consult relating to consents for disposal of land by registered social landlords),|
|section 17||(supplementary provisions relating to a tenant’s right to acquire a dwelling),|
|section 28(4)||amendment to section 53 of the Housing Act 1988,|
|section 36(1) to (6)||(guidance to registered social landlords)|
|section 51||in so far as it relates to specified paragraphs of Schedule 2 (schemes for investigation of complaints),|
|sections 52 to 54, 55(2) and (3) and 56 to 64||(general provisions relating to social landlords),|
|section 55(1)||in so far as it relates to paragraphs 6 and 9 of Schedule 3 (sale of Corporations' loans portfolios).|
Articles 3 and 4 brings into force certain other provisions in so far as they confer a power to consult, to make determinations, to give consents and to delegate functions.