- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
17. Where an inspector has reasonable grounds for supposing that any of the provisions of article 12 or 13 have not been or are not being complied with, he may take from any protein or feeding stuff such samples as he considers necessary in order to establish the correctness of that supposition.
18. Where an animal or carcase is being moved under the authority of a licence issued under this Order the person in charge of the animal or carcase being so moved shall carry the licence during the authorised movement and shall, on demand made by an inspector or by a member of a police force, produce the licence and allow a copy or extract to be taken, and shall also, on such demand, furnish his name and address.
19. Any person who, without lawful authority or excuse, proof of which shall lie on him—
(a)defaces, obliterates or removes any mark applied to any bovine animal or carcase under article 6(2)(c);
(b)contravenes or fails to comply with article 5(1), (2) or (3), 6(3), 11(1), 12(1), 13(1), (2), (3) or (4), 14(1) or (2), 16(1), (2), (3), (4) or (5) or 18;
(c)fails to comply with any notice served under article 6(4), 7(1), 8(1), 14(5) or 15(1) or (2);
(d)fails to comply with any condition of a licence issued under article 6(5)(b), 7(1), 11(2)(b), 12(2) or 13(5); or
(e)knowingly causes or permits any such contravention or non-compliance,
commits an offence against the Act.
20. The provisions of this Order shall, except where otherwise provided, he executed and enforced by the local authority.
21. The following instruments are hereby revoked—
(a)the Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy Order 1991(1); and
(b)the Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (Amendment) Order 1996(2).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.