- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
3.—(1) A new non-metropolitan district of Malvern Hills shall be constituted and shall comprise the existing areas mentioned in Schedule 1.
(2) A new non-metropolitan district of Herefordshire shall be constituted and shall comprise the areas of—
(a)the existing city of Hereford(1);
(b)the existing district of Leominster, except the areas in that district mentioned in Schedule 1;
(c)the existing district of Malvern Hills, except the areas in that district mentioned in Schedule 1; and
(d)the existing district of South Herefordshire.
4.—(1) A new non-metropolitan county of Worcestershire shall be constituted and shall comprise the areas of—
(a)the existing city of Worcester(2);
(b)the existing borough of Redditch(3);
(c)the existing districts of Bromsgrove, Wychavon and Wyre Forest; and
(d)the new district of Malvern Hills.
(2) During the period beginning with the date on which this article comes into force and ending immediately before the reorganisation date, the new county of Worcestershire shall not be a county for the purposes of—
(a)the Sheriffs Act 1887(4);
(b)the Education Acts 1944 to 1994;
(c)sections 130 and 133 to 137 of the Reserve Forces Act 1980 (which make provision in respect of the lieutenancies)(5); or
(d)the Coroners Act 1988(6).
5.—(1) The existing principal areas of the county of Hereford and Worcester, the city of Hereford and the districts of Leominster, Malvern Hills and South Herefordshire shall be abolished and the councils of those principal areas shall be wound up and dissolved.
(2) A new county shall be constituted comprising the area of the new district of Herefordshire and shall be named the county of Herefordshire.
(3) Section 2(1) of the 1972 Act (which provides that every county shall have a council) shall not apply in relation to the new county of Herefordshire.