- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
5. (1) Schedule 4 to the Act (visiting EEC practitioners) is amended as follows.
(2) For sub-paragraph (2) of paragraph 1 there are substituted the following sub-paragraphs—
“(2) This Schedule applies to any national of an EEA State who is established in dental practice in an EEA State other than the United Kingdom.
(2A) Any person who—
(a)is not a national of an EEA State, but
(b)is, by virtue of a right conferred by Article 11 of Council Regulation (EEC) No. 1612/68(1) or any other enforceable Community right, entitled to be treated, for the purposes of access to the profession of dentistry, no less favourably than a national of such a State,
shall be treated for the purposes of sub-paragraph (2) above as if he were such a national.”.
(3) In sub-paragraph (3) of that paragraph—
(a)in the definition of “national”, for the words “a member State” there are substituted the words “an EEA State”; and
(b)for the definition of “the Recognition Directive” there is substituted the following definition—
““the Recognition Directive” has the meaning which “Community Council Directive No. 78/686/EEC” has in Schedule 2 to this Act.”.
(4) In sub-paragraph (1) of paragraph 2, for the words “the member State”, “a member State” and “member States” there are substituted the words “the EEA State”, “an EEA State” and “EEA States” respectively.
(5) In paragraph 3, for the words “EEC practitioners”, in both places where they occur, there are substituted the words “EEA practitioners”.
(6) In paragraphs 4 and 5—
(a)for the words “EEC practitioners” there are substituted the words “EEA practitioners”; and
(b)for the words “a member State” there are substituted the words “an EEA State”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: