- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
8. (1) Section 48 of the 1968 Act (fees) shall be amended as follows.
(2) In paragraph (h) of subsection 3 (fee for the grant or renewal of a permit under section 34 of the Act) after “Act” there shall be inserted “, other than one expressed to be granted for the purposes of subsection (5E) of that section,”.
(3) After that paragraph there shall be inserted—
“(i)in respect of the grant or renewal by a local authority (as defined by paragraph 3 of Schedule 9 to this Act) of a permit under section 34 of this Act which is expressed to be granted for the purposes of subsection (5E) of that section, such fee, as may be fixed annually by the authority for the whole of their area not exceeding
(ii)the rate mentioned in subsection (4B) of this section whichever is the less.”.
(4) After subsection (4A) there shall be inserted—
“(4B) The rate referred to in subsection (3)(i) of this section is such rate as the local authority reasonably consider necessary to balance their income and expenditure in connection with permits of the kind mentioned in that provision (including expenditure in connection with enforcement).”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: