- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
25. (1) Any document required or authorised under these Regulations to be served by the Ministers on any person may be served—
(a)by delivering it to him or by leaving it at his proper address or by sending it by post to him at that address;
(b)if the person is a body corporate, by serving it in accordance with sub-paragraph (a) above on the secretary of that body; or
(c)if the person is a partnership, by serving it in accordance with sub-paragraph (a) above on a partner or a person having control or management of the partnership business.
(2) For the purpose of this regulation and section 7 (which relates to the service of documents by post) of the Interpretation Act 1978(1) in its application to this regulation, the proper address of any person on whom a document is to be served shall be his last known address, except that—
(a)in the case of service on a body corporate or its secretary, it shall be the address of the registered or principal office of the body;
(b)in the case of service on a partnership or a partner or a person having the control or management of a partnership business, it shall be the address of the principal office of the partnership;
and for the purpose of this paragraph the principal office of a company registered outside Great Britain or of a partnership carrying on business outside Great Britain is its principal office within Great Britain.
(3) If a person to be served under these Regulations with any document has specified to either of the Ministers an address within Great Britain other than his proper address (as determined under paragraph (2) above) as the one at which he or someone on his behalf will accept documents of the same description as that document, that address shall also be treated as his proper address for the purposes of this regulation and for the purposes of section 7 of the Interpretation Act 1978 in its application to this regulation.
(4) In this regulation “secretary”, in relation to a local authority within the meaning of the Local Government Act 1972(2) or the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973(3), means the proper officer within the meaning of that Act.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: