- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4. (1) No person engaged in the movement, lairaging, restraint, stunning, slaughter or killing of animals shall—
(a)cause any avoidable excitement, pain or suffering to any animal; or
(b)permit any animal to sustain any avoidable excitement, pain or suffering.
(2) Without prejudice to paragraph (3) below, no person shall engage in the movement, lairaging, restraint, stunning, slaughter or killing of any animal unless he has the knowledge and skill necessary to perform those tasks humanely and efficiently in accordance with these Regulations.
(3) Schedule 1 shall have effect in relation to the licensing of slaughtermen.
(4) Parts II and III below are without prejudice to the generality of paragraphs (1) and (2) above.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: