- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
11. (1) The Minister shall arrange for
(a)ante-mortem health inspections and post-mortem health inspections to be carried out at every slaughterhouse in accordance with Schedules 8 and 10 respectively; and
(b)post-mortem health inspections to be carried out at every farmed game processing facility in accordance with Schedule 10.
(2) Where fresh meat intended for sale for human consumption—
(a)has been passed fit for human consumption following ante- and post-mortem health inspections: and
(b)complies with the requirements of these Regulations,
it shall be marked in accordance with the requirements of Schedule 12.
(3) No other meat shall be so marked.
(4) No person shall remove, or cause or permit to be removed, from a slaughterhouse or a farmed game processing facility any blood or any carcase or part of a carcase or any offal intended for sale for human consumption or any offal from a slaughtered animal intended for sale for human consumption until it has been inspected in accordance with these Regulations.
(5) The health mark shall be applied by persons acting under the responsibility of an OVS, and no other person shall apply the health mark or possess or use the equipment for applying the health mark.
(6) The equipment for applying the health mark and any labels on which the health mark is printed shall be kept under the responsibility of the OVS.
(7) No person shall use any mark so resembling a health mark, or in such a way, as to be likely to suggest that the product has been produced in accordance with these Regulations.