- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
20. (1) This regulation applies where the Secretary of State is notified by the court in the place in the United Kingdom where the accused is being tried or is to be tried that a United Kingdom national who has been called to give evidence (hereinafter referred to as “the witness”) has failed to comply with the order of the court, or is believed by the court to be unlikely to comply, and is in Antarctica or in the area south of the Antarctic Convergence, as the case may be.
(2) If the Secretary of State receives a notification in accordance with paragraph (1) he may issue a warrant for the arrest of the witness.
(3) The provisions of paragraphs (2) to (6) of regulation 18 shall apply to the arrest and conveyance in custody of the witness as they apply to the accused.
(4) Once in the United Kingdom the witness shall be delivered by the authorised person to the court which made the notification under paragraph (1).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: