- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
16. (1) Subject to paragraphs (3) and (4) and regulation 13(3) (persons receiving certain regular treatment) a person shall be treated as capable of work on each day of any week commencing on Sunday during which he does work to which this regulation applies (notwithstanding that it has been determined that he is, or is to be treated under regulations 10 to 15 or 26 as, incapable of work or that he meets the conditions set out in regulation 28(2) for treating the all work test as satisfied until assessment) unless that work—
(a)falls into any of the categories of exempt work set out in regulation 17(1); and
(b)is done within the limits set out in regulation 17(2).
(2) Work to which this regulation applies is any work which a person does (not being work as a councillor that is to be disregarded under section 171F of the Contributions and Benefits Act), whether or not he undertakes it in expectation of payment, apart from care of a close relative or domestic tasks carried out in his own home.
(3) A person who does work to which this regulation applies in a week which is—
(a)the week in any spell of incapacity in which he first becomes entitled to a benefit, allowance or advantage on account of his incapacity for work; or
(b)the last week in any spell of incapacity,
shall be treated as capable of work by virtue of paragraph (1) only on the actual day or days in that week on which he does that work.
(4) A person shall not be treated as capable of work under this regulation by reason only of the fact that, during an emergency, he undertakes any activity to protect another person or to prevent serious damage to property or livestock.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: