- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
14. (1) The Board may by notice require any of the persons prescribed by paragraph (2) below to make available for inspection by an officer of the Board authorised for that purpose, within the time prescribed by paragraph (3) below, all books, documents and other records in his possession or under his control relating to—
(a)any monies received or receivable by an approved scheme or a relevant statutory scheme, or
(b)any investments or other assets held by that scheme, or
(c)any monies paid or payable out of funds held under that scheme, or
(d)any annuity contract by means of which benefits provided under that scheme have been secured.
(2) The persons prescribed are—
(a)the person who is, or the persons who are, for the time being by virtue of section 611AA of the Taxes Act the administrator of the scheme which is the subject of the notice;
(b)any person who was, or any persons who were, at any time prior to the relevant date, by virtue of section 611AA of the Taxes Act the administrator of that scheme, other than an excluded person;
(c)the trustee or trustees of that scheme, or any person who was, or any persons who were, at any time prior to the relevant date the trustee or trustees of that scheme, other than an excluded person;
(d)any person who is, or has been at any time prior to the relevant date, an employer in relation to that scheme, other than an excluded person;
(e)any person who is, or has been at any time prior to the relevant date, a scheme sponsor in relation to that scheme, other than an excluded person;
(f)any person who provides, or has at any time prior to the relevant date provided, administrative services to that scheme, other than an excluded person.
(3) The time prescribed is such time (not being less than 28 days) as may be provided by the notice.
(4) A notice under paragraph (1) above may require books, documents and other records relating to more than one scheme to be made available for inspection.
(5) Where records are maintained by computer the person required to make them available for inspection shall provide the officer making the inspection with all the facilities necessary for obtaining information from them.
(6) The authorised officer may take copies of, or make extracts from, any books, documents or other records made available for inspection in accordance with paragraph (1) above.
(7) In paragraph (2) above “excluded person” and “the relevant date” have the meanings given by regulation 12(5).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: