- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3. (1) Subject to paragraphs (2) to (4) the provisions of Part I of, and Schedule 2 to, the 1994 Act which are specified in Schedule 1 to this Order shall come into force on 1st October 1995.
(2) The provisions of section 1(5) of the 1994 Act brought into force by this Order shall have effect only for the interpretation of “local authority” in Part III of the 1982 Act(1).
(3) Until 1st April 1996 “local authority” in Part III of the 1982 Act shall be interpreted as including the district and county councils in Wales created as a result of the 1972 Act, as originally enacted.
(4) The provisions of section 1(8) of the 1994 Act brought into force by this Order shall have effect only for the interpretation of section 65(4) of, and paragraph 2 of Schedule 7 to, the Environment Act 1995(2).
By virtue of section 36(2) of the 1982 Act, section 270 of the 1972 Act (general interpretation, which includes the definition of “local authority”, is applied for the interpretation of Part III of the 1982 Act (sections 11-36).
1995 c. 25; by virtue of section 79(1) of that Act “principal area” has the same meaning as in the 1972 Act.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: