- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
Regulations 10 and 12
1. For the purposes of collection from live animals of bovine embryos or oocytes for the purposes of regulation 10 or 12, donor animals must meet the requirements of this Part of this Schedule.
2. The donor animals must have spent at least the previous six months within the territory of the European Economic Area or, in the case of a country outside that Area, in the country of collection.
3. The donor animals must have been present in the herd of origin for at least 30 days prior to collection.
4. The donor animals must come from herds which are—
(a)officially tuberculosis free,
(b)officially brucellosis free or brucellosis free, and
(c)either enzootic bovine leucosis free or for which certification has been obtained that there has not been any clinical case of enzootic bovine leucosis during the past three years.
5. During the previous year, the donor animals must not have been present in a herd (or herds) which have shown any clinical sign of infectious bovine rhinotracheitis/infectious pustular vulvovaginitis.
6. On the day of embryo collection the donor cow—
(a)shall be kept in a holding which is not subject to veterinary prohibition or quarantine measures, and
(b)shall show no clinical signs of disease.
7. For the purposes of collection of ovaries, oocytes and other tissues to be collected after slaughter in an abattoir, donor animals must comply with the requirements of this Part of this Schedule.
8. The donor animals should not have been designated for slaughter as part of a national disease eradication programme, nor should they have come from a holding subject to restrictions because of animal disease.
9. The abattoir where the ovaries and other tissues are collected must not be situated in a zone subject to prohibition or quarantine measures.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.