- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
9. (1) The Minister may, in relation to any licensed premises processing small wild game, authorise persons employed at those premises to act as PIAs to perform the function specified in Schedule 4 in relation to small wild game.
(2) No person shall act as a PIA unless that person is authorised under paragraph (1) above and supervised by an OVS.
(3) Subject to paragraphs (4) and (5) below, the Minister may at any time revoke or suspend the authorisation of any person as a PIA if it appears to him, on the basis of a report by a veterinary officer or an OVS, that—
(a)such person is unfit to perform the functions specified in Schedule 4 or has failed to perform such functions in accordance with these Regulations; or
(b)such person ceases to be employed at the premises in relation to which he was authorised to act.
(4) Where the Minister revokes or suspends an authorisation granted under paragraph (1) above, he shall, as soon as possible, give to the person whose authorisation has been revoked or suspended notice in writing of the reasons for such revocation or suspension and shall afford him an opportunity to make representations in writing to the Minister with regard to the revocation or suspension or to be heard by a person appointed for the purpose by the Minister.
(5) A notice given under paragraph (4) above shall inform the person to whom it is given of his rights to make representations in writing and to be heard and of the manner in which and the time (not being less than 21 days from the giving of the notice) within which such representations or an application for an opportunity to be heard may be made; and, in the event of that person making any representations (whether orally or in writing) to the Minister under this paragraph, the Minister shall reconsider whether that person is unfit to act or has failed to perform his functions as a PIA under these Regulations and shall reconsider, as soon as practicable, his decision to revoke or suspend the authorisation under paragraph (3) above in the light of those representations.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: