- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
5. (1) Nothing in these Regulations shall apply in relation to any supplementary indication; and in this paragraph “supplementary indication” has the same meaning as it has in section 8(5A) of the Weights and Measures Act 1985.(1)
(2) Nothing in these Regulations shall apply in relation to any of the uses of relevant imperial units which are permitted by Article 1(b) of the Units of Measurement Directive, that is to say—
(a)the use of the mile, yard, foot or inch for road traffic signs, distance and speed measurement;
(b)the use of the pint for dispensing draught beer and cider;
(c)the use of the pint for milk in returnable containers;
(d)the use of the acre for land registration; and
(e)the use of the troy ounce for transactions in precious metals.
(3) Nothing in these Regulations shall apply in relation to any use of a relevant imperial unit which is permitted by Article 2(b) of the Units of Measurement Directive (use in the field of air and sea transport and rail traffic of units laid down in international conventions or agreements).
(4) Nothing in these Regulations shall apply in relation to any contract to which regulation 11(1) of the Units of Measurement Regulations 1986(2) applies.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: