- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. This Order may be cited as the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 (Commencement No. 5 and Transitional Provisions) Order 1995.
2.—(1) Subject to paragraphs (2) and (3) below, the provisions of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 (“the 1994 Act”) referred to in the left–hand column of Schedule 1 to this Order (which relate to the matters described in the right–hand column of that Schedule) shall come into force on 3rd February 1995.
(2) Schedule 2 (transitional provisions) shall have effect in relation to the coming into force of the provisions of the 1994 Act specified therein.
(3) The coming into force on 3rd February 1995 of section 134(3) of the 1994 Act shall have effect only for the purpose of the making of rules under section 18(3A) of the Prisons (Scotland) Act 1989(1), and the said section 134(3) shall otherwise come into force on 1st June 1995.
3.—(1) Subject to the following provisions, this Order extends to England and Wales only.
(2) So far as relating to the following provisions of the 1994 Act, namely sections 47(3), 49, 64(1) to (3), 66(6) and (10) to (13), 67(3), (4), (5), (8) and (9), 157(1), 163, 169 and 170, this Order also extends to Scotland.
(3) So far as relating to the following provisions, namely sections 88, 91 and 92, 136 to 141, 157(2), (3), (4), (5) and (9), 161, 162, 164 and 168, this Order extends to the United Kingdom.
(4) So far as relating to sections 102(1) to (3), 104, 105 and 117, so far as those provisions relate to the transfer of prisoners to or from premises situated in a part of the British Islands outside Scotland, this Order extends to that part of those Islands, but otherwise so far as relating to Chapter II of Part VIII this Order extends to Scotland only.
(5) So far as relating to the following provisions, namely sections 47(4), 84(5) to (7), 87, Part IX, sections 152(2), 153, 157(7) and section 160(2), this Order extends to Scotland only.
(6) So far as relating to the following provisions, namely sections 84(8) to (11), 85(4) to (6), 86(2) and 157(8), this Order extends to Northern Ireland only.
(7) So far as relating to the amendment, repeal or revocation of any enactment by Schedule 9, 10 or 11, this Order has the same extent as that amendment, repeal or revocation.
One of Her Majesty’s Principal Secretaries of State
19th January 1995
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: