- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. As regards all moorland comprised in participating production units—
(1) the beneficiary shall not use fungicides or insecticides;
(2) the beneficiary shall not apply herbicides except where necessary to control bracken, nettles, spear thistle, creeping or field thistle, curled dock, broadleaved dock or ragwort or to carry out stump treatment of cleared scrub. Herbicides used for any of these purposes shall be applied by means of a weed wiper or spot treatment except in the case of bracken where asulam or any other chemical approved by the Secretary of State can be used in accordance with a programme agreed in advance with the Secretary of State;
(3) the beneficiary shall not plough, excavate, level, re-seed, chain-harrow, roll or otherwise cultivate the land;
(4) the beneficiary shall not apply any inorganic or organic fertiliser;
(5) the beneficiary shall not erect, replace or repair any fencing without the prior written approval of the Secretary of State;
(6) the beneficiary shall not install any new land drainage system and shall not modify any existing land drainage system so as to bring about increased drainage.
2. As regards all land (including moorland) comprised in participating production units—
(1) the beneficiary shall not damage, destroy or remove stockproof walls, hedges, banks, traditional weatherproof farm buildings, features of historical or archaeological interest or value, lakes, ponds, streams or other watercourses;
(2) the beneficiary shall not damage or destroy species-rich meadows, wetlands or other areas which in the opinion of the Secretary of State are of high conservation value;
(3) the beneficiary shall not damage, destroy or remove broadleaved woodland, field or hedgerow trees or scrub without the prior written approval of the Secretary of State;
(4) the beneficiary shall not overgraze any land or use unsuitable supplementary feeding methods.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: