- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
5. (1) A supplier shall not supply a substance or preparation dangerous for supply, unless it has been classified in accordance with the following paragraphs of this regulation.
(2) In the case of a substance which is listed in the approved supply list, the classification shall be that specified in the entry for that substance in column 2 of Part V of that list.
(3) In the case of a substance which is a new substance within the meaning of regulation 2(1) of the Notification of New Substances Regulations 1993(1) and which has been notified in accordance with regulation 4 or 6(1) or (2) of those Regulations, the substance shall be classified in conformity with that notification.
(4) In the case of any other substance dangerous for supply, after an investigation to become aware of relevant and accessible data which may exist, the substance shall be classified by placing it into one or more of the categories of danger specified in column 1 of Part I of Schedule 1 corresponding to the properties of the substance specified in the entry opposite thereto in column 2 and by assigning appropriate risk phrases by the use of the criteria set out in the approved classification and labelling guide.
(5) Subject to paragraph (6), a preparation to which these Regulations apply shall be classified as dangerous for supply in accordance with Schedule 3 by the use of the criteria set out in the approved classification and labelling guide.
(6) A preparation which is intended for use as a pesticide (other than a pesticide which has been approved under the Food and Environment Protection Act 1985) shall be classified as dangerous for supply in accordance with Schedule 4.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: