- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) These Regulations may be cited as the Education (School Financial Statements) (Prescribed Particulars etc.) Regulations 1994.
(2) These Regulations shall come into force on 1st March 1994 and apply in relation to a financial year beginning on or after 1st April 1994.
(3) In these Regulations–
“the Act” means the Education Reform Act 1988;
“authority” means a local education authority;
“budget statement” means the statement referred to in section 42(3) of the Act;
“factor” in relation to the allocation formula under an authority’s scheme means any circumstance, fact or matter affecting the needs of individual schools and subject to variation from school to school which is to be taken into account in accordance with the allocation formula under the authority’s scheme;
“outturn statement” means the statement referred to in section 42(6) of the Act;
“relevant” in relation to “age”, “age group” and “year group” means an age, age group or year group separately treated in the allocation formula under an authority’s scheme for the purposes of determining that part of each school’s budget share which is to be determined by reference to numbers of registered pupils;
“the 1993 Regulations” means the Education (School Financial Statements) (Prescribed Particulars etc.) Regulations 1993(1);
“school” (except in regulation 8) means a school required by section 42(3) or (6) of the Act to be covered by a budget statement or an outturn statment as the context may require;
“special educational needs” and “special educational provision” have the meanings given to those expressions by section 156 of the Education Act 1993;
“statement” in relation to a pupil with special educational needs means a statement made under section 168 of the Education Act 1993 or, before that section comes into force, section 7 of the Education Act 1981(2); and
references to the number or numbers of registered pupils at one or more schools are references to the number or numbers of such pupils required under the authority’s scheme to be used in applying the allocation formula under the scheme for the initial determination of that school’s budget share or those schools' budget shares for the year.
(4) The following table shows provisions of the Act defining or otherwise explaining expressions used in these Regulations–
|aggregated budget||section 33(4)(b)|
|allocation formula||section 38(2)|
|excepted heads or items of expenditure||section 33(4)(b)(i)|
|excluded expenditure under an authority’s scheme||section 33(6)(c)|
|financial year||section 235(1)|
|general schools budget||section 33(4)(a)|
|school’s budget share||section 51(2)(b).|
(5) Any reference in these Regulations to a numbered regulation or Schedule is a reference to the regulation or Schedule in these Regulations so numbered.
(6) The 1993 Regulations are revoked.
(7) Notwithstanding paragraph (6) above and except insofar as they impose any requirements in respect of section 42(4)(f) to (i)–
(a)the Education (School Financial Statements) (Prescribed Particulars etc.) Regulations 1990(3) continue to apply in relation to a financial year beginning on or before 1st April 1992; and
(b)the 1993 Regulations continue to apply in relation to the financial year beginning on 1st April 1993.