- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1.—(1) This Order may be cited as the Local Government etc. (Scotland) Act 1994 (Commencement No.2) Order 1994.
(2) In this Order, “the Act” means the Local Government etc. (Scotland) Act 1994.
2. 31st December 1994 is the day appointed for the coming into force of—
(a)paragraph 176(1) and (19)(b) of Schedule 13 to the Act (minor and consequential amendments); and
(b)section 180(1) of the Act (minor and consequential amendments), so far as it relates to those provisions.
3. 4th January 1995 is the day appointed for the coming into force of the following provisions of the Act:—
(a)section 153 (power of Secretary of State to prescribe amount of non-domestic rate);
(b)section 160 (further provision as to valuation by formula);
(c)section 161 (power of Secretary of State to combine and divide lands and heritages);
(d)section 180(2) (repeals), so far as it relates to the provisions specified in paragraph (e) below; and
(e)in Schedule 14 (repeals), the repeals of—
(i)section 116(6) of the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973(1);
(ii)paragraphs 41 and 42 of Schedule 2 to the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Scotland) Act 1981(2); and
(iii)paragraph 60(2) of Schedule 25 to the Water Act 1989(3).
4. 1st April 1995 is the day appointed for the coming into force of—
(a)the provisions of the Act specified in column 1 of Schedule 1 to this Order (which relate to the matters specified in column 2 of that Schedule);
(b)section 180 of the Act, so far as it relates to the provisions of Schedules 13 and 14 to the Act specified in paragraphs (c) and (d) below;
(c)in Schedule 13 to the Act—
(iii)paragraph 67(1), (2) and (5); and
(iv)paragraph 100(2), (4) and (5); and
(d)the repeals in Schedule 14 to the Act specified in Schedule 2 to this Order.
5. The amendments of paragraph 10(3)(a) of Schedule 12 to the Local Government Finance Act 1992(4) brought into force by article 2 of this Order shall not affect the continuing operation of regulations made under that paragraph(5) in relation to a financial year (within the meaning of that Act) beginning before 1st April 1995.
6. Article 3(c)(xiii) of the Local Government etc. (Scotland) Act 1994 (Commencement No.1) Order 1994(6) is hereby amended by deleting the words “(1) and”.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Scottish Office
St Andrew’s House,
7th December 1994
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: