- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
78. (1) Where a direction deeming planning permission to be granted is revoked or varied pursuant to regulation 75, that permission shall be treated–
(a)for the purposes of Part IV of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990(1) (compensation) as having been revoked or modified by order under section 97 of that Act, or
(b)for the purposes of Part VIII of the Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1972(2)(Compensation) as having been revoked or modified by order under section 42 of that Act.
(2) Where an authorisation under the Pipe–lines Act 1962 is revoked or varied pursuant to regulation 75, Part IV of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 or Part VIII of the Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1972 (compensation) shall apply as if–
(a)the authorisation had been planning permission granted on an appplication under that Act and had been revoked or modified by order under section 97 of the 1990 Act or section 42 of the 1972 Act; and
(b)each of those Parts provided that the Secretary of State was the person liable to pay any compensation provided for by that Part.
This paragraph shall not have effect to confer any right to compensation for any expenditure, loss or damage for which compensation is payable by virtue of paragraph (1) above.
(3) Where the Secretary of State decides not to proceed with the revocation or variation of an authorisation under the Pipe–lines Act 1962, or a direction deeming planning permission to be granted, any claim for compensation by virtue of this regulation shall be limited to any loss or damage directly attributable to the authorisation or direction ceasing to have effect or being varied for the duration of the period between the revocation or variation taking effect under regulation 77(1) and the Secretary of State deciding not to proceed with it.
(4) Where compensation is payable by virtue of this regulation, the question as to the amount of the compensation shall be referred to and determined by the Lands Tribunal, or the Lands Tribunal for Scotland, unless and to the extent that in any particular case the Secretary of State has indicated in writing that such a reference and determination may be dispensed with.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: